Tuesday 27 October 2015

Halloween: What To Watch

I have a huge film collection, a whole wall covered in blu rays and dvds. Every holiday my boyfriend and I will pull out all the films that we want to watch over that holiday, we also raid netflix, of course. 

This Halloween we have chosen some awesome things to watch, mostly things we have seen before and loved, one that is new to us this year.




Hotel Transylvania is one of my favourite halloweenie kids films, it is so underrated. Hotel Transylvania 2 is out in cinemas now, I went to see it the other day and although it is not as good as the first; it did get me in the spooky spirit. 

Monster House and Coraline are classics! So scary that they are borderline unsuitable for children but just so incredible good at the same time. Coraline will give you nightmares of buttons and spiders for sure.




I'm not sure how long this series has been on Netflix but recently everyone has been watching it. It is a Netflixs original series based on the Scream films, it is more jumpy than scary but it is great fun trying to guess the killer. I would totally recommend it!



I like blood and guts in a horror, I don't do supernatural or paranormal. Give me a slasher any day!

The remake of Evil Dead is incredibly scary and gory, the effects are amazing and so unbelievably real looking. When I saw this at the cinema, people were actually leaving because they were so scared! 

The Scream series are a must for halloween, they will have you on the edge of your seat while biting all your nails until they are nothing but nubs. When a film turns your fingers to nubs you know that it's good.

You need to watch Halloween at halloween. You just do. I do love the originals because they are super jumpy and intense but my favourites are the remakes. 

Beetlejuice is more of a quirky kind of scary, it is such a good film and I watch it every Halloween!



Harpers Island is a series that was first aired in 2009, it wasn't renewed for a second season which I just don't understand because it is so good! I actually watched it for the first time last year because my boyfriend told me how good it was, it is another guess the killer series; I really enjoy guessing the killer and I guessed this one pretty early on which really surprised my boyfriend as he never thought I would get it! 



Let me know your favourite things to watch at Halloween in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment