Sunday 12 August 2018

40 Weeks Pregnancy Update!


I wrote this post a few weeks ago and had it saved ready to post. Fast forward to today and I am sat holding my beautiful baby boy! (more on that to come!) But in the meantime, this is my 40 week pregnancy update!



This baby is fully cooked and ready come out! But sadly that doesn't mean he will! 

I really had it in my head that he would come a few weeks early as he is so big already, he's been head down since 17weeks, his head has been engaged for a while already and we had some dates confusion at the beginning of the pregnancy. So because I have been thinking that this whole pregnancy, now I feel like I'm already sooooo overdue due even though I'm not!

Pregnancy has gotten really hard the past few weeks...

1. Maternity leave, without a baby, has gotten truly old. I am so bored! Everything is ready for baby boys arrival so I genuinely have nothing to do and its killing me!

2. I cannot get comfortable. My whole body aches, it doesn't matter what position I am in, sitting, standing, laying, doesn't matter. It hurts.

3. Ive been really trying to make use of the birthing ball and bounce as much as possible but it is easier said than done when your body is this big and painful.

4. Baby boys head is fully engaged and super low down so that is contributing heavily to the discomfort I'm feeling, the bottom of my stomach/pelvis area is just so heavy. I feel like I need to sit with my legs wide open like a man all the time. Too sexy.

5. Stretch marks have been minimal until now but now that baby has dropped I've suddenly gotten horrible red ones under my bump and on my hips. I never thought they would bother me but they really do, they aren't even that bad and I know its completely natural but I have to admit its getting me down a bit.

6. Another sexy symptom is this week is diarrhoea and it is not enjoyable, a lot more often than usual and my farts stink so bad that I keep thinking it's the dog but it's actually me. 

7. My nips have been quite sore this week, they have been leaking for a while but they haven't been sore. So this recent soreness has been crap but hopefully it just means labour is imminent. Wishful thinking.

8. Everything is swollen, my feet, my fingers and my knees are the worse. I can't stand it, I hate not being able to wear my engagement ring and flip flops were ok until our crazy rain this week so because I can't fit in any other shoes so i've been getting very wet feet. 

9. All anyone says to me is "No baby yet?" or every phone call we make is met with "Is it time?!" NO, HES NEVER COMING OUT!

10. We have tried everything we can think of to get this baby out, spicy food, raspberry leaf tea, long walks, birthing ball, massages, sex. The lot. Nothing is budging this boy!


As this will hopefully be my last pregnancy update, I'd just like to say that although these updates don't always make pregnancy out to be all that great. Actually, i've really loved being pregnant, despite all the gross bits, the uncomfortable bits and the stress, it really is the most magical experience. I don't think there is anything quite like growing a little life inside you and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment