Thursday 28 January 2016

Music Review: Panic! At The Disco - Death of a Bachelor


Panic! At The Disco were a huge love during my teenage rebellious years, much like most people my age.

 Panic!'s first album "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" was a fantastic album and probably why they failed to impress with the following four albums. It's not that those albums were particularly bad, they just never lived up to the first because they simply weren't as good. Especially 2008's "Pretty. Odd" which was just horrible. 

"A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" was something special, something so different from anything we had heard before and it's longevity has made it a classic, simply to hard to better, it was both a blessing a curse for the band, it broke them out, it was huge but it has been holding them back ever since. 

For me, this album is almost there, almost as good as the first album. And I am so happy about it.

I had never even intended to listen to this album because I never intended to like it but I gave it a go and after just one listen I was hooked. 

This album takes them back to the bands roots, it has some of the same flavours back but still evolves the band and feels like something new. Something I loved about "Fever.." was the lyrics, they were unique and sort of twisted and sexy in such an irresistible way. This was lost in the other albums but is back on this album!

If I'm honest, I really like every track but if I had to pick a few favourites these would be them...


. Crazy = Genius
. Emperor's New Clothes
. Death Of A Bachelor
. LA Devotee


Let me know what you think of Panic!s new offering, I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment