Tuesday 26 January 2016

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR

The Maybelline Color Tattoos have been around for a while now and they had received great praise but I had never tried them. Due to a 3 for 2 deal in Superdrug, I decided now was the time to give them a go! 

I've always had a fear of cream eyeshadows, the idea of creasing and the greasy feeling that has happened with every other cream shadow I have tried. I was extremely reluctant but the promise of 24HR wear was pretty enticing along with the glowing reviews so I braced myself to slather grease on my lids. 


The packaging is both great and awful. The glass jars have an expensive feel, they hold a vast amount of product and they feel weighty and satisfying to hold. On the other hand, the sticker annoys me. It would have been better with a plain black lid, the underside has a clear label that looks so much better and would have sufficed alone. I understand that certain information needs to be present so maybe a box would have worked well. 


I bought three colours...

. Pink Gold

This is a soft pink with a slight gold shimmer, very slight. This makes a great base, I like it all over the lid with a dusky rose shade blended into the crease.

. Permanent Taupe

I bought this simply because it is by far the most talked about shade. It is literally raved about and I can see why. It is pretty much the colour of clay in my opinion and a little too dark for me, I can wear it but it is harder to blend out than the other two shades because of this. It feels like hard work and it isn't very flattering on me personally. 

. Creme De Rose

I love this shade, it is a super matte beige with a dusky pink undertone. It is literally the exact colour of my eyelid which I love because it worked as an amazing base or an all over lid colour. I liked to wear it alone because it completely covers up eyelid veins and gives a perfect bright look. 


Now, lets talk about the product itself. I love it. It is a cream of course but when you apply it, it is super thick, smooth and easily blended. Soon after application, it dries to a soft matte and doesn't budge. 

I haven't tested if it lasts 24HR's but I think it would. I wore it for a whole day and it lasted beautifully, free of creases, no grease and looked as perfect at the end of the day as when I applied it.


These little lovelies cost just £4.99 anyway but with the Superdrug offer they are even cheaper and well worth a purchase!

Let me know if you buy any or if you already have and love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment