Wednesday 26 September 2018

BABY - Getting Autumn Ready


All of a sudden the weather has become so cold! It is officially the start of Autumn, the countdown to halloween, pumpkin picking, pumpkin spiced lattes (my autumn addiction) chilly evenings snuggled under a duvet and warmer clothes!

I am Rory is currently in 0-3 month but wont be for long with the size of this boy! So I've started collecting autumnal clothes for him in 3-6months. We also have our first family holiday together in November so I have bought a lot of this stuff with the intention of him looking bloody adorable in our holiday photos! 


First thing I obviously needed to get was jumpers, he will live in jumpers in the colder months because they are perfect for laying and babies constantly get cold, then you bundle them up and they are sweating then you take a layer off and they are freezing. Its a vicious cycle so layers are the key!

The navy blue one is a lovely thin knitted jumper with a very grown up print but does have the little fox pattern towards the top giving it a cute youthful look, I will say now that I have been collecting these bits since before he was born so they may not be available still in store but this particular jumper is from H&M.

The brown fox jumper is my fave, it is from Next and it is so sweet its unreal! It is a great thickness for fall weather, its got some thickness and warmth to it but its not too thick that it will make him sweat. I also love the colour as it is very autumnal and looks lovely on Rory's olive skin tone.


Leggings have been a staple in Rory's wardrobe so far so joggers will be the autumnal next step as they are similar in look but much thicker to keep his chubby little legs warm. These lovelies are from Next but these style can be gotten in so many places, H&M are currently selling three packs of similar ones in cute colours that I might have to get as well!


Babys in dungarees literally melt me! I have included two pairs in this haul. This pair is from Pep N Co (Poundland) if you can believe it! How cute are they?! They have such a vintage feel to me, they just make me think of something I would have worn as a child. I cannot wait to put Rory in these! They don't have poppers on the crotch though so the poor boy will have to deal with being nude when having a nappy change which is very reminiscent of nights out wearing a jumpsuit, anyone know what I mean?

The other pair of dungarees in from Next and I just love how modern they, very grown up and stylish. Rory has worn these a few times already and they keep him perfectly warm while making him look like a little fashionista badass.


It rains a lot in Autumn, we all know that. I've already been caught out a few times this year! I desperately wanted a Paddington Bear style rain coat and came across this little gem in Boots. It's not too thick which is actually perfect because it will fit over a jumper and keep him from overheating which can happen when you are wearing a jumper and a thick coat. I just think this is the most adorable thing and I can't wait for him to wear it!


I have so much more to get ready for the cold weather and for our holiday still, such as some jeans and more jumpers. What do you all recommend? 

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I simply would like to offer you a huge thumbs
    up for the great information you have got here on this post.
    I am returning to your site for more soon.

    Kurta Dhoti For Boys

    ReplyDelete