Monday 25 June 2018

Our Babymoon!


For the past five years Liam and I have been to the same place in Devon on holiday every year, Woolacombe, North Devon. Last year, he actually proposed while we were there at our favourite private beach so we were really sad when we ultimately decided that we wouldn't go this year as I would be 34 weeks pregnant and it was the only time we could go between Liam's university commitments and baby's arrival. 

As we go every year, the holiday park that we always stay at were sending an abundance of emails and letters about booking a holiday, deals and offers. We got sent such a good offer that we just couldn't ignore so decided that we would take the car chair and hospital bags with us and hope that the baby didn't make an early arrival and that I wouldn't die of tiredness while there! 


The huge bump and my swollen ankles didn't stop us from exploring the beach, we opted to hire some adorable deck chairs and enjoy the beach in a more peaceful way rather than exploring the rock pools like we usually do! It is extremely hard to get out of a deck chair however, when you are very pregnant! 


Couldn't not take at least a few classic Liam from behind photos! They are my favourite to take! 


On the last day we visited a beautiful little village and had a cream tea while taking in this amazing sea view! This village had the steepest hills on earth, I've never panted so much in my life and Liam had to physically push me up hills but it was worth it for this incredible view!


I mainly took polaroid photos because they just feel so much more special than a digital and the camera is also a lot lighter to carry than our massive camera we usually use! This worked out so much better for my tired whale body to handle! 

We took some lovely bump shots but this one is probably my favourite.


I have an insatiable appetite at the moment so we did spend most of our time either eating or planning where to eat next. We had loads of amazing cream teas, drank loads of tea and drowned ourselves in fudge. 

The best meal though, was the tapas. We went to this same tapas restaurant last year the day Liam proposed so it felt really special to go back again with baby fish as well. He kicked away in my tummy like crazy while I drank a delicious Peach and Passionfruit Daiquiri Mocktail, we went for the endless tapas deal so we had so much food and left feeling painfully full but it was worth it as the food was genuinely the best I have ever eaten. 


This was the view from our deck chairs I mentioned earlier, who wouldn't want to have a picnic looking at this and reading a book in the sun! We did get a little burnt though, despite the sun cream. But again, so worth it. 


We had such a good week away, the last just us two before we become a family of three! I can't wait to take the little one with us next year. We didn't take our dog, Watson, this year as we felt Liam would have his hands full looking after me let alone our needy yet adorable pup but he will definitely be coming next year so we can have a proper family holiday! 

The best Babymoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment