Thursday 28 June 2018

Baby Shower!!!


Last Sunday was my baby shower, my mum and my sister (above) planned the whole thing and it was held at my mums house. A baby shower is something I never dared to think about when we were trying to get pregnant as it just seemed like something we would never get to do, the fact that I'm even pregnant amazes me everyday and getting to share this special day with all my loved ones was just magical. 


I have my proper camera and my polaroid with me but I was so busy enjoying the day that the only photos I took were polaroids. Not that I mind as these photos are adorable! These are close ups of the polaroids and I just think they look so vintage and its so special to have just one copy of them which I am going to scrapbook along with other memorabilia from the day. I adore scrapbooking and can't wait to start on it! 

The shower was girls only but Liam did pop in towards the end to see the presents get opened and help with the cleaning up. 


My mum organised some games, there was no eating out of nappies at this shower (gross), we did the price is right, guess how many sweets in a bottle and the game above which you have a bag for each letter of "BABY SHOWER" and we had to guess a product that was in the bag starting with that letter. It was extremely hard, I sucked at it but my gorgeous niece Evie sure did enjoy emptying out all the bags once we were done and making a right mess! Look at that grin!


Evie's grin making an appearance again as she stuffs her face with cheese balls. This girl can really eat! She devoured half the buffet then sat on a scone, covering herself and her surroundings in jam!


Food in her hand again! 




The best bit about the shower was getting to see family, having all the girls together is so nice as it doesn't happen very often. Having everyone together to celebrate our impending little boy just made me so happy to know that he is going to be so loved and surrounded by such a great family. 
  

My mum went all out on the decorations and they looked great! 


We had a pick n mix table that pretty much just melted in the scorching heat but while they lasted, they looked absolutely adorable!


She also made this amazing nappy cake! It took me ages to take apart once we got home but we certainly won't be running out of nappies for a while! 


I had the best day and am so grateful to my mum and sister for organising and decorating everything and so thankful for all the gorgeous presents we got given. Little one will certainly not want for anything with this lot around! We could barely fit it all in the car to take it home! 

Now to chill out and wait for this little fish to make his grand entrance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment