Friday 1 June 2018

31 Week Pregnancy Update: The Home Stretch


We are on the home stretch! Just 9 weeks until my due date and finally on maternity leave. I've genuinely never been more excited!

I'm feeling very lucky that I still feel "relatively" healthy and can still reach my feet to put my shoes on, I don't want to jinx it but so far the 3rd Trimester is treating me well. There are my recent updates...


1. My bump now touches the steering wheel in my car which means time to sell it! We no longer need two cars and I'm too tubby to drive anyway!

2. I've only been on maternity leave for a week and I'm already bored and I'm constant stress mode about money. Maternity pay really is rubbish but the bills still need paying! 

3. Baby is due in 9 weeks and it still doesn't feel real. Will the realness hit me soon?! 

4. Maternity clothes don't even fit me anymore, everything feels too restricting and like its squeezing me so now I spend all my time in the nude or in enormous pyjamas.

5. Nesting is real and it has bit me like a ton of bricks! I've organised little boys clothes so many times and I can't stop hoovering! And having even one knife in the sink sends my anxiety into overdrive! 

6. I've always been a crazy dog mama but my pup has been so extra cute to me recently. I can't stop mothering him, the poor boy is sick of all the attention but I just want cuddles!

7. Little boy kicks so hard and rolls around to intensely that I feel like I'm going to throw up. Sometimes I actually do throw up. It just like a normal occurrence for me now. 

8. My belly button is still an innie and everyday I poke it and inspect the depth of it and hope that it stays in. PLEASE STAY IN! 

9. No stretch marks as of yet, have I just tempted fate by telling you that?

10. We have officially been informed that I am growing a very big baby. I have already had and passed a gestational diabetes test but I am being sent for another one just in case that is why but mostly likely I am just the mother of a baby whale. The hospital have said they will re assess the situation at the 36 week scan which could mean being induced a few weeks early or a number of other possibilities but tbh, I'm not fussed as it would be lovely to have him a few weeks early and of course, what ever is safest for me and baby is fine by me.


Overall. I'm feeling surprisingly calm so I am just casually waiting for the panic to set in and enjoying binge watching Desperate Housewives in the meantime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment