Friday 31 July 2015

My Nail Polish Collection

Another girl post! I have a love hate relationship with my nails, on one hand (excuse the pun) I love having pretty sparkly girly nails but on the other, I have spent most of my life studying art and also working in a restaurant so it has been hard to wear without it being chipped in less than a day. Or having to remove it before a shift at work. 

I long for the day that I have a normal grown up job that doesn't reek havoc with my hands. Give me a desk, a computer and a coffee any day, please! 

I also despise the fact that unused polishes dry up! You spend your hard earned cash on a gorgeous colour then go to use it and it has dried up! You can't "collect" them like you can lipstick and eyeshadow palettes. These reasons are why my collection is rather petite but none the less, lets get into it.... 


1. Maybelline Color Show


Left to Right: Orange Attack, WOW Orange, Electric Yellow, Broadway Blues, Urban Turquoise, Speckled Pink, Glitter It


As you can tell by the sheer amount of these I own, I really like them. They are very thin in consistency which I really like in a polish as it enables a smooth, easy application. They require only two coats to become completely opaque which is just the dream isn't it? My favourites are the orange shades and the gorgeous royal blue. 


Purchase Here


2. Barry M


Left to Right: Papaya, Clear


I don't for the life of me know why I only have two of these. Because they are incredible. The clear polish is insanely chip resistant and makes any polish last literally forever so when combined with the Gelly Nails, these suckers are basically bulletproof. The consistency is so amazing, they just glide on and are basically ready after one coat. I wear this polish so often hence why the bottles are an absolute mess. I will definitely be buying more!


Purchase Here


3. Accessorize Collection


Left to Right: They do not have names


In all honesty the only reason I bought these is because the shade range and selection of mattes and shimmers seemed great. But in reality they aren't that great at all. Although the colours are quite lovely, the texture and way they apply is clumpy and way too thick. It chips super easy and I hate them in all honesty. I keep them just incase I need a specific colour to wear just for one day to match a specific outfit. They are not for everyday wear at all. 


Purchase Here


4. KIKO


Left to Right: Vanilla Cupcake, 7


These are both super unique, the vanilla cupcake literally looks like butter cream on your fingers. However beautiful, it chips like a bitch and the lilac shade is really thin and requires many layers to get a full coverage. I doubt I'll buy any more but I may just get lured by the amazing colours, such a shame really.


Purchase Here


5. Color Couture


Left to Right: They do not have names


These are bloody horrible. They are thin and gloopy and just horrible to apply but once you have battled through, they look good. I wouldn't wear them everyday but I do use them when I need a particular colour because I own some unique shades that do sometimes come in handy. I wouldn't recommend them but I am glad to have them in my collection. I will probably try and find some similar colours from a different brand then throw these away eventually. 


6. Disney Store


Left to Right: Off To The Ball, Ariel, Mistress Of Evil


I am a Disney addict and so if the Disney Store have a new product, i'll know about it. The second these went on shelves, I bought three. I loved these at first, the colours are so unique and just completely gorgeous. They did apply well, quite thick but still pretty good and I wore the hell out of them. But over time, they have become even thicker to the point that I can no longer use them which really depresses me. This won't stop me from buying more though.


7. Fearne Cotton


Left to Right: Royal Red, Fern Green, Cranberry Splash, Black Honey, Night Owl, Ruby Cotton


These are my absolute favourite, ever. I can't remember who got them for me but I'm sure it was a christmas present. These polishes have everything right. So smooth, easy to apply and the glitters have insane dimension. They make my fingers look expensive, I didn't even know that was possible. My favourite is Black Honey.




I mean, look at that! Look at the colour dimensions! I wear this so often, it is such a unique colour and I have never seen another polish that is even similar. You need this in your life.

Sadly, I can't find these anywhere online so I'm not sure you can buy them anymore. 


8. Miscellaneous 


Left to Right: Candies - Purple Glitter, Sally Hanson - Silver Magnetic Nails, PS Love - Grey


As you can probably tell, I usually find something I like then buy loads of them. But these are the few odd balls in my collection. The purple glitter is pretty hard to wear, it makes my skin tone look odd but it is great polish, lovely to apply and the glitter is super chunky. 

I have never been impressed with fangled nail fads such as crackle nails, magnetic nails, furs and velvets but I have bought a few in my time. Both of which I hated! 

Primark do a huggggge selection of nail polishes in an array of fancy colours and styles. They aren't the best quality but they are far from the worst either, I do really like this grey colour and it applied ok, it requires a steady hand to control the thin liquid but it is pretty lovely. 



Well, that's it! All of my finger improving paints. 



Thanks For Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment