Wednesday 8 July 2020

Pregnancy During A Pandemic & Choices To Make



The first half of this pregnancy all went to plan, no pandemic and Liam was at every appointment and scan, we found out her gender at 16weeks at a private scan. It all went perfectly until
the pandemic hit. 

Suddenly my work closed, I was home all day everyday trying to occupy a toddler, Liam was in constant fear of furlough and our bedroom became his home office. It felt like he was completely excluded from this pregnancy. He went from being involved in everything to being cruelly cut out of the whole process. 

As this is baby number 2, for me, it wasn’t so bad going to scans and appointments alone. I knew the process, I knew how to find places and where to park when I got there,  how to answer the questions but it felt really wrong not having Liam by my side hearing baby girls heartbeat and holding my hand. We’re one of those sickening couples who do everything together so it’s been really hard on both of us.

I know this is all in place to protect me, my baby and everyone else but now at 35weeks pregnant with birth looming I can’t help but feel angry that pubs, restaurants and shops are open but still I’m expected to go through a lot of this alone. I won’t lie, I think it’s disgusting and will have a huge impact on both parents mental health. It’s already effecting mine. 

At my 35weeks scan a few days ago I was informed that baby girl is already weighing in at 6lb15oz which is alarmingly big with 5weeks still to go. Gestational Diabetes has been ruled out so baby is simply just big. I will be having another scan in a few weeks to access further then will likely have to choose between an induction or a c section somewhere between 39 and 40weeks pregnant. I was scared before but now I’m terrified. I don’t know what to do for the best and the thought of having to go through a portion of it alone is making it a whole lot scarier. 

I’m so excited to meet my baby soon but this is just not how I expected it going and I feel robbed of the experience. 

Have you had a baby recently? I’d love to know how you found it. Especially if you had to be induced or have a c section. Horror stories or positive all welcome! 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment