Friday 21 August 2015

Primark PS Love Skin Care Haul / Mini Review


You won't see many skin care post on this blog because I don't take care of my skin. Im sure you are all gasping and wondering what the hell is wrong with me but I'm lazy and I'm lucky enough to have really good skin naturally.

I got a few spots and dry skin in my teen years but now days I have pretty much clear and moisturised skin without the help of any fancy skin care routine. On a day to day basic I use a makeup wipe to remove my makeup then just some soap and water. But I'm 23 now so I think its about time I start taking care of my skin so I don't end up leather faced and hideous. 

However, I didn't think splashing out on expensive skin care that might not work for me, I need to experiment a little and find the right things for me. I've been using the Primark makeup wipes for years and although they have done nothing specifically good for my skin, they haven't broken me out either so I thought that starting with Primark's new skin range would be a good place to begin. 


I'll talk you through what I bought I what my initial thoughts are..


Peppermint Softening Foot Scrub

I have ugly feet like most people do so I thought this would be a good idea. I'm on my feet a lot so I have hard skin on my heels and I can get blisters quite often, this scrub is really gritty so it feels really nice to scrub it into the skin after a long day.  I feels like its doing something and it feels good but I'm not sure that it actually is doing something. The process of doing it feels like a little foot massage though so i'll definitely keep using it.


Gentle Eye MakeUp Remover

I'm used to waking up with panda eyes because makeup wipes just don't get the job done. This stuff really does get off tough mascara and the result is that I look so much fresher in the mornings. This remover does work and for a tiny £1.50 it is totally worth it. Only downside is that it is in no way gentle, if you get this in your eyes it will sting like a bitch. 


Gentle Cleansing Foaming Wash

I get severe oily skin, especially after a long shift at work. Soap and water really doesn't feel refreshing enough when my skin is so oily and sweaty. I like this, it is foamy when you squirt it out and it foams up further as it is massaged into the skin, it cleans all the oil away and it leaves the skin feeling great. This feeling doesn't last long though which is a slight let down. 


Oil Balancing Facial Wash

This is the biggest let down of the lot, it doesn't lather well and it isn't oil balancing. It does clean my face but the the Foaming Wash is better and i'll probably just use that instead. 


I am pleasantly surprised by the range, it isn't the best and I'm sure there are much better products on the market but for the tiny price tag, I think these products are pretty great. If you are a skin care newbie like me then this is a great place to start. If you only buy one thing from the range let it be the eye makeup remover, just don't get it in your eyes! You might go blind.

Let me know if you would like an update when I have been using these for a little longer! And if you have a budget skin care suggestion for me to try, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks For Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment