Monday 3 December 2018

BABYS FIRST CHRISTMAS: What we've bought so far


This year will be Rorys very first Christmas, he will be exactly 20 weeks old, still very young, so Santa (me and Liam) didn't really know what would be the best presents for him.

We are planning on getting him the Fisher-Price Kick n Play mat as his main present but this is everything else we have bought so far.

The first thing I bought was this DANCE book, it is literally adorable, with dancing animals on each page, the pages have little tabs to pull which I think Rory will love. 

I got a set of six soft blocks, these were a bloody steal! Only £3 from Sainsburys in the sales. I think Rory will really like knocking these down once ive stacked them up and they can grow with him and help him develop his motor skills.


We have bought quite a few books for him because they are a perfect gift that can grow with a child but also, currently being read to is the only way to get him to sleep for bedtime. We lay him down in his cot sleepy but awake and read books until he's very nearly asleep then sneak out out of the room like a backwards walking ninja. He just loves to be read too.

Firstly we bought the Paddington Treasury which includes 6 classic Paddington Bear stories, Liam and I have such a soft spot for that adorable bear and we are doing our best to force that love onto Rory as well.

We also got The Dinosaur That Pooped Little Library, I'm a big fan of the illustrations and I just love a mini library because Rory can hold onto the little books himself.


You must have seen the Aldi Christmas advert with Kevin the Carrot right?! He and his little family are just the cutest so I couldn't not buy the story book for Rory. We are the kind of family to read Christmas books all year round so I think this will become a firm fave.

We usually do Christmas Eve boxes, me and Liam have one and so does Watson the dog but we thought we would just give Rory a small present for Christmas Eve this year as he's still so young and won't understand it properly until next year. We got this sing along We Wish You A Merry Christmas book to read to him on Christmas Eve.


We also aren't doing a stocking this year just because he's so little and we don't have much to go in it but I did still buy a few little stocking style bits for him such as these bath crayons, he loves a bath so I think he will really enjoying flailing his arms and seeing the colours appear.


A few other bath bits are this set of sticky fish for the side of the bath and this duck that swims through the water, I really think he'll love watching these!


We didn't want to go too crazy on presents this year but we might also get maybe one more present as well as the Fisher-Price mat, maybe something musical or the squeaky eggs I mentioned in a previous post.


I hope you found this interesting, maybe it'll help you shop for your babies first Christmas or another baby in your life! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment