Thursday 19 November 2015

Music Review: Justin Bieber - Purpose 6 / 10


I usually go do track by track reviews but in this case, I have decided that this album just wouldn't benefit. I am rather let down in all honesty, there are some good track present and there are none that are particularly bad but for some reason Purpose is lacklustre and just not what I expected. Or wanted. 

Based on the string of singles so far, I expected an upbeat album with dance beats and tropical house infusions which is present somewhat but the whole feel of the album is slow paced and not as progressed as the singles suggested it would be. 

However, I do feel that this is the album Bieber needed to make, it will produce enough hits to keep Bieber charting and it will propel his career back to where it once was. This album will do these things and hopefully, set him up for the next album to be fantastic with a little more freedom and experimentation. Bieber had to be safe with Purpose to ensure his rise once more, this he has succeeded in. 

I am let down by the album artwork also, I just don't like it. I don't think it reflects the album and I don't think it is very eye catching, it has an old fashioned feel that just doesn't appeal to me at all. But saying this, none of his previous albums have had particularly intriguing cover art either.

I would suggest not buying the whole album but instead, downloading a few of the best tracks from iTunes. I can help with that...


Best Tracks

. Company
. Children
. Been You
. All In It
. Get Used To It


As I said, the singles were promising so if you don't already own them, grab those too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment