Tuesday 10 November 2015

MakeUp Review: Carnival Colour By Seventeen


I popped into Boots last month looking for a glossy black polish to wear on Halloween, apparently many other people had the same idea because I couldn't find one. Not one!

When I was about to give up I saw a huge display of Seventeen polishes, not only were they 3 for 2, I saw a black one right in the bottom corner so I got down on my hands and knees and grabbed the polish. But it heartbreakingly it turned out to be an extremely dark grey.

All was not lost though as I noticed this gorgeous sparkly pumpkin orange that was amazing for Halloween. Of course, I also grabbed two others because with the 3 for 2, it would have been rude not too!


The orange is a metallic glitter which has a very different formulas to the two matte shades. The orange is by far my favourite, it went on super smooth and looked great with just two coats. It stayed chip free for halloween and a good few days after which is really good considering I am a waitress so my nails tend to chip pretty quickly. It is a gorgeous unique colour, it felt smooth and neat on the nail and it had great staying power.

The nudey pink is lovely, it is a fantastic everyday colour that would work with almost every skin tone. It really is nice. It took a good four coats to get full coverage but once dry it had that luxurious smooth and shiny finish that I love in a polish. Unfortunately, it chipped pretty quick, all the coats required meant that it was impossible to patch up because the chip was so thick set. Chipped in less than a day. Major let down. 

The Khaki green is the most unusual colour, the photo doesn't give the polish justice, it is much darker in person. I just had to have it because it is completely unlike anything I've ever owned. I am yet to use it but I am super excited too! I just hope it doesn't chip like the pink does. 


Carnival Colour By Seventeen seems to be a great little range! The glitter formula is far better than the mattes but I am still impressed, I paid £4.00 for all three so considering this, I think they are totally worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment