Monday 30 March 2015

Movie Review: Cinderella 8.5/10



                                              
                                                        "Have Courage and be Kind" 

I am a huge Disney fan, I love the movies, merchandise, music, my whole house is completely over run with Disney Magic so when this film came out I was first at the cinema! 

We all know the story and the film is much the same as the original tale, usually this can make a film feel stale. Like you've seen it all before and it just doesn't impress but this film was very different.  It displayed something I feel live action Disney has been missing for a while, magic. The feeling of being a child again and watching Cinderella for the first time, feeling the magic of Disney in your heart. Something recent releases such as "Maleficent" desperately missed. It had everything, it creates laughter, happiness, sadness, it takes you through a range of emotions in such a delicate way.

 

As for the casting, it was really great. Lily James was a perfectly beautiful choice for Cinderella and in my opinion every character looked and acted like they had stepped straight out of the original story. Helena Bonham Carter was magnificent just like she is in every movie she is in and the scene where she as the fairy god mother appeared and made Cinderellas night at the ball a reality was absolutely perfectly animated. It looked magical in every sense of the word.


I shall head to the Disney store and purchase myself a mug just like I do with every Disney film I see. This film was definitely a step in the right direction for Disney and I sincerely hope they keep it up with the live action released to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment