Tuesday 21 April 2015

Summer Essentials: Make-Up


One   Two   Three   Four   Five   Six   Seven

I have decided that in the spirit of summer to start a series on based on Summer Essentials, I will post 5 posts over the next 5 days in hope of sharing some wisdom on the dreaded issues of summer, how to solve them and also throw in some things that are just great to have in the summer time. 

As the title says, this first post is on make-up. I have tried to choose products that will work for a lot of different skin types but I cant promise that what works for me will work for you, these are my essentials...



1. The Body Shops - Body Butter in Cocoa Butter

Every year I go to The Body Shop with the hope of getting a different scent that year and somehow always end up with this one. I love sweet smells, I can think of nothing better than smelling of chocolatey goodness. I use this on my legs, hands, elbows and anywhere else the sun decides to dry out. I think this is a great scent choice as it is delicious, summery and won't attract bugs like some of the fruitier scents would. I got lemon one year and ended up as a dessert for insects.

2. Maybelline - Baby Lips

Tinted lip balms are amazing for summer because you get a little colour as well as avoiding nasty chapped lips. I am lucky that I don't suffer with chapped lips so these work great for me to just add a little softness. I think they would also work well for those who do have chapped lips because they are sooooo moisturising but you might want to choose a less pigmented colour to avoid the colour gathering in the cracks of your lips. There are plenty of colours to chose from.

3. Benefit - Roller Lash

Most people would recommend a waterproof mascara but I HATE the stuff. You shouldn't wear makeup in the water anyway, it is bad for your skin and thats the last thing to want in the summer time. But you will need a good quality mascara that won't smudge when you sweat, this is that mascara. Its completely smudge proof and it gives long, curled, fluttery lashes that look gorgeous! When the rest of your face is pretty bare, eyelashes can make such an impact.

4. Soap and Glory - Make Yourself Youthful, Sunshield Superfluid. SPF50

I think it is best to let your skin breathe in the summer, no foundation. I am not a fan of BB or CC creams either because they can look awful if your skin is dry which mine can be. Sun Cream is a must to keep your skin moisturised and protect from the suns harmful rays, this one has SPF 50 so it will take great care of your skin, put this all over your face and let it sink in before adding any other make-up. 

5. Barry M - Gelly Nails

I have never really used Barry M in the past but these polishes just keep calling to me and once I tried them, I fell in love. They are available in tons of summery colours, they glide on perfectly and last for agesss! Completely chip free. I will definitely be buying a few more colours to keep my fingers pretty all summer long.

6. Urban Decay - Naked Flushed

Foundation is a no go for me but a little cheek colour is a must. The palette included a beautiful blush, a contour/bronzer shade to give a summery glow and a highlighter to illuminate your cheek bones. It is the perfect little compact palette to give your face some dimension.

7. Urban Decay - Vice 3

And finally, this palette is amazing. Packed full of summer ready colour and a helping of neutrals as well. I like to use an eyeliner brush to stroke a brightly coloured slick of eyeliner on, they can also be used for a more intense night look. This palette can be used to give a little colour to the day time or a bolder look for the long evenings drinking cocktails. You can also use the brown shades to fill in your eyebrows.



And that is my make-up essentials, I would also recommend a clear mascara to keep your eyebrows perfect and a make-up setting spray to keep this all in place. This is just the items that I feel necessary so by all means add a few of your own and let me know what I am missing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment