Tuesday 7 April 2015

Movie Review: Get Hard 7/10


I will start by saying that I don't always find Will Ferrell funny, I love Elf and Step Brothers but other than those two I'm not a fan. I HATE Anchorman. HATE IT! So please bare this in mind while reading this review.

This movie is about Will Ferrell's character being framed for a crime he did not commit and enrolling a black man he assumed had been to prison to teach him how to survive prison. For a start this is exactly the same story as Rob Schneider's Bad Stan, I am a massssssive Rob Schneider fan and this annoyed me a little I must admit. But thankfully after watching the film, I realised that they are from from the same. Although, I still prefer Big Stan but this is down to which actor you find the funniest. 

Kevin Hart is a funny guy, I wasn't familiar with him before this film so this was a nice surprise. Hart and Ferrell have great chemistry, this really benefited the film, they work off each others very different comedic styles which is crucial to a film of this kind. I did find some of the jokes insulting, racist and simply just too far which was mostly down to Ferrell, this is partially why I am not a fan of his but i'll admit a lot of the other jokes had me laughing pretty damn hard. The rest of the people at the cinema were in stitches, including my boyfriend so this film must be doing something right!

I felt that the second half of the film was really good, I was laughing, the story was heartwarming to see two people become friends in a difficult situation, both learn to look at people different to themselves differently than they did. The first half was slow and clumsy but the second half definitely made up for that.

Ultimately, the story was weak and the comedy could be dodgy in places. It'll never be my favourite film but it might be one of my favourites of Will Ferrell's films.

It is worth of a watch but it won't change the world with it's deep message...


A few moments...




Click Here for trailer and other information.



1 comment:

  1. Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell are easily two of the funniest guys on the planet.  But this movie was really a struggle.

    ReplyDelete