Friday 16 March 2018

Benefit Bad Gal Bang!


Priced at £21.50, Benefits new Bad Gal Bang mascara is pretty damn expensive. So I wouldn't have been trying or buying it at all but this months Birchbox came with a mini tester size so I was pretty excited to give it a go for a fraction of the cost. 

On Benefits website this is how they describe the mascara...

"BADgal BANG! 36-HOUR* FULL-BLAST volumising mascara creates MASSIVE volume without weighing down lashes. The gravity-defying formula contains aero-particles, one of the lightest known materials, derived from space technology. This innovative intense pitch-black mascara layers easily for bigger & BIGGER impact. Its custom big Slimpact! brush is streamlined to reach root-to-tip, corner-to-corner, upper & lower lashes for BIG VOLUME WITH 360° REACH!
*instrumental test on 21 women

  • Smudge-proof, water-resistant, volumising mascara
  • 90% saw dramatic volume**
  • 94% said it instantly lifted lashes**  
  • 92% said it lengthened lashes**
  • ProVitamin B5 known to fuel thickness & strength"
* 

Firstly, I don't understand why a mascara would need to be able to last 36hours, I certainly won't be trying it out for that long and how can I possibly prove if the space technology does anything or even exists? None the less, it is all pretty unique marketing so I'm not mad at it.

Next, Bad Gal Bang says that it is smudge-proof, water-resistant and volumising which I would agree with. As you can see in the photo below of my lashes, there is obvious volume and as promised it didn't smudge all day and took a good scrubbing to remove it. 

Lastly, it promised to lift and lengthen which yes, it does. I find reviewing this mascara to be a hard one because it does in fact do all the things it promises to do but yet, I still don't like it.

I mean, look at my lashes?! They genuinely look horrible. I've never seen my lashes look so awful. 

I have naturally long lashes, they are dark and curled naturally as well so I am very lucky but sometimes this works against me as they have a tendency to become tangled and clumped when the mascara I'm using is too wet and deposits too much product onto my lashes in one go. Which is exactly what Bad Gal Bang does.

The more I work the product through my lashes the more they clump, I even tried combing them through with a clean spoolie brush and it just made them look worse. 

I don't want to completely slam this mascara because I am fully aware that some people work really well with a wet formula mascara and this will likely work so well for them, I have seen many other bloggers and youtubers manage to achieve amazing lashes from using this mascara so I know it is possible but unfortunately not for me. 


So yeah, this is my personal opinion and I suggest you do still give it a go if you like a wetter mascara otherwise maybe spend your hard earned cash on Roller Lash instead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment