Thursday 2 November 2017

Storage: Ugly but Effective


It has been forever and a day since I have done a makeup collection post... 

Last time I did one I had so much less makeup and I photographed EVERY SINGLE ITEM! Unfortunately that is just not possible now with the obscene amount of makeup that I currently own. 

Up until recently I was keeping everyday makeup to hand and everything else was stored away, meaning that I didn't ever use much of it simply because I couldn't see it. I needed a cheap, easy and quick fix so I ordered these hideous but highly effective pink draws from Amazon.com on Prime.  Mostly due to impatience, I'm not gonna lie.

My vanity is looking a little worse for wear but it does the job, currently on the top is my light up mirror which opens up to reveal jewellery storage which I bloody love so much. It also has a handy little draw underneath which is currently empty but I intend for that to be the new product draw. This draw will prove super handy as I can be sure to use new things rather than have them disappear into the makeup abyss. 

I then have three glasses full of makeup brushes (all filthy) and a smaller mirror which is pretty much the only one I use because you can get really up close with it.

On the attached shelf I have three clear boxes that have bits and bobs in such as electronics cables, makeup packaging (for blogging purposes) and random skin care that I don't use much. The white draws are empty to allow for inevitable makeup collection growth!


On top of the hideous pink draws in two copper baskets, I keep my most used and most loved palettes. 


A few Urban Decay favourites, Naked Smoky and Naked Heat! 


A few Too Faced favourites, Sweet Peach and Chocolate Bar. These bad boys are my absolute loves of my life, probably my most favourite things in my whole makeup collection.


Urban Decay Vice 3 and Vice 4, I love these guys because they are jam packed with so many unique eyeshadows and they are amazing quality. Although I don't reach for these daily, I like having them close for when I'm feel a little adventurous!


On to the contents of the hideous pink draws, the top draw is separated by smaller clear containers. Top left contains a variety of pencils and liners, so this includes eyeliners, lipliners, glitter liners and coloured liners. 

Next to that is skin stuff such as my fave foundation Revlon Color Stay and my go to concealer Collection Lasting Perfection.

Bottom left holds all my mascaras, I only really use the Urban Decay Perversion but I have a whole load of options!

Bottom right contains my brow stuff, I use the Models Own brow palette most days but occasionally I might use the MakeUp Revolution brow pomade. 



The second draw is my favourite draw, HIGHLIGHTERS! I have quite a lot of highlighters as you can see but my faves are probably the Tanya Burr Skin Illuminator, Soph X palette and all the Technic Get Gorgeous highlights. 


Third draw is the most neglected draw as I am just too lazy for lip products, all I do is eat so usually I don't bother. Somehow though, I have still accumulated quite the collection. Mostly reds and various shades of pink. I particularly like lip stains so I've got a lot of those, my favourites are mostly in my handbag though.


Blush! I don't have much blush, I have the Real Cheeky Party palette by Benefit which is great as it contains a selection of Box'O'Blushes which I use a lot. I really love a good cream blush, H&M do some great ones.


Single shadows and teeny tiny palettes. It's all about palettes these days so I don't have that many singles but as you can see, I really like the MUA singles, especially the metallic ones because they literally cost £1 and are the most pigmented things on earth. I keep my fave eyeshadow in here also, the Urban Decay Moondust single in Solstice.


The six draw is skin stuff such as cream contour, colour correctors, bronzer, contour and a few blushes and highlighters if they are apart of a face palette. I use my Collection Highlight & Sculpt loads. I also really love my Urban Decay Jean Michel Basquiat palette, it has two blushes, one highlight and a bronzer inside so I use this loads for travel as it hold my whole face.  I was also wearing this palette when Liam proposed so it's quite special! 


The last draw (that isn't empty) contains other palettes that I just don't use that much. I did really like the W7 palettes but I haven't found myself reaching for them at all recently so they are just stored away with their other unloved mates should I ever fancy using one of them!


So that's my makeup collection and ugly but effective storage! It's so nice to have everything all together and easy to get at, I have found myself experimenting a whole lot more and actually using things that I had been neglecting previously. I have a little room for growth but I can always buy another set of pink draws when my collection gets bigger!

How do you store your makeup? 

No comments:

Post a Comment