Thursday 14 July 2016

Benefit Gimme Brow Review



Something I love about Benefit as a brand is that they always bring out samples sizes of new products in magazines which makes it possible for everyone to try something new without having to shell out for the full size before knowing if they like it. 

Benefits newest offering is a range of new and old eyebrow products all repackaged and looking so much nicer! Gimme Brow is a old favourite for many so this little revamp is highly appealing. The sleek silver with the classic Benefit vintage style looks great, its classy and whimsical while still being efficient, not too fussy. 

It has a simple screw on top and a short wand, now this is a sample size but I think the full size is just a slightly bigger version with everything else still the same. Don't hold me to this but I think so! The applicator is a small spoolie which makes application really easy and precise, I like it much better than your standard larger spoolie because it makes this product more idiot proof. You literally could apply it with your eyes closed. 


My shade is 5, it is the darkest shade and it is a good match for my brows. There are three shades to choose from which is not enough in my opinion, three shades can't possible suit everyone. My eyebrows are certainly not the darkest I've seen!


As for the product itself, I don't love it. Above is my brows after a thick coating of the Gimme Brow. I have very thick brows anyway but this product hasn't stuck down my inner brow hairs very well and I feel like all over looks a little sparse and I much prefer a thicker more filled in look.

I don't think it is a bad product, its just not for me. If you like a light brow, all you need is a little something then maybe you will love this but if like me you prefer a more perfected brow, i'd look elsewhere. 

You can buy the full size here ...

... but i'd recommend grabbing yourself a copy of Glamour magazine and giving it a try before committing to the full size. 

I am still intrigued by the range though so I think I might give either the Brow Zing or the Ka-Brow a whirl instead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment